openjdk statii

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Tue Sep 28 23:38:33 PDT 2010

Ok - who's got the scoop here?

after patching the makefiles to use the pre-existing DF
bootstrap, building latest Q1 on i386/2.6 fails -
something about 'platform not supported' -
found as many refs as I could in the sources -
but thinking this is now something in the binary distributed
bootstrap.
which - 'file' shows as built on 2.0

so - question is - how did we get the bootstrap jdk?
and what broke in the meantime?
this appears to be related to the files in question:

http://markmail.org/message/dx46wvgb7uyk6p4r

( DefaultFileSystemProvider.java &
  DefaultAsynchronousChannelProvider.java )
but - supposedly this can be skipped in the build config -
(didn't find that knob - but giving up for responses here before I proceed)
"I did not integrate the new java.nio.sctp package. There is no SCTP
support in OpenBSD or FreeBSD 6.x (not sure about NetBSD or OS X). I
removed nio subdir from jdk/make/com/sun/Makefile so the java.nio.sctp
package package is completely skipped."

suppose I'll try rolling back the makefiles to find the prob.. but
any insights welcome..