MADT enumeration for x86_64

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Fri Sep 24 01:19:01 PDT 2010

Am 24.09.2010 01:10, schrieb Matthew Dillon:
>     Heh.  My test box froze solid with the MADT stuff.  I had to put
>     hw.madt_probe_test=1 in my /boot/loader.conf to get the system
>     to boot.  (Phenom x 6 Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H MB).
>
>     At the moment I'm not sure where the problem is.

Same on my Phenom x 4 ASUS board. With hw.madt_probe_test=1 it started
to boot, but the boot was very slow and sluggish. After it completed to
boot, and I ran a few programs, it somehow deadlocked without giving any
message on the console.

There are some more patches by Sephe which I'll apply to x86_64.

Regards,

  Michael