More Howtos in site

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Fri Oct 29 00:34:04 PDT 2010

Matthias Schmidt wrote:
Please stick with the current default, i.e. add howto's etc to your own
site.  We'll create a link section on the DragonFly website shortly
which will point to all interesting articles etc.
Relatedly, alot of this stuff is already covered in the legacy
handbook -
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/handbook/

Which was inherited via FreeBSD -

and alot of which should still be ported into the new handbook:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/newhandbook/

so I'd suggest reading over these before writing anything -
and possibly expending the energy updating the existing
stuff instead of rewriting something that's already covered -
not to complain - updates are great - but to keep from fragmenting
and redundant information
Don't recall the reasoning behind the new handbook - IIRC
it was to move away from docbook SGML and into wiki formatting?
Cheers,

- Chris

p.s - this kind of discussion is probably better suited for the docs@
list..