pkgsrc and 2.8

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Mon Oct 18 15:36:34 PDT 2010

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    If we are going to do this, NOW is the time.  Comments?
comments: "yay!"

as much as I was *against* git to start with for big projects -
I am now a convert - it kind of formalizes all of the traditional
'patches floating around' unix culture -
and you can still centralize an 'official repo'
one problem I see - what happens if the git pull craps out out again?

I suppose we can just checkout the patches & re-apply -
as they are transient and longer term not important really..