More pf work

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Thu Nov 18 00:36:25 PST 2010

On 11/18/2010 6:27, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 12:15:39AM +0100, Jan Lentfer wrote:
Am 17.11.2010 23:49, schrieb Samuel J. Greear:
It has been my experience that panic loops are typically caused by
calling a null function pointer. Turning off break to debugger will
get you a real trace in this case.
It would be great if someone who was more comfortable with kdb and
etc. could take a look at my patch on the tracker related to this.
That backtrace looks strange to me:
It appears that the panic is somewhere inside pf.ko, so you need
the symbols for that module; there's an instruction on how to
obtain them:
   http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/developer/KmodDebugging/
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think asf is needed anymore since
kgdb will load the data by itself for some while now (as can be seen in
the output too).

Sascha