Kernel Dump when accessing second drive

Dylan Reinhold dylan at ocnetworking.com
Mon May 10 20:14:23 PDT 2010

On 05/09/2010 12:15 AM, Dylan Reinhold wrote:
I added a second drive, to copy ~100GB's to my machine, but the kernel
panics when I try and rsync the data.
The second drive is formated ext2 and mounted as readonly.

I read in LINT that the ext2 might cause a panic.
So I reformatted the drive as FAT32 (Seems to be the only FS that both
Linux and DFly will play nicely with).
I still get a panic when trying to untar the data off the drive, so
thinking its the drive I just tried my new (well kind of new) SSD drive.
I still get a panic. (I have the core and backtrace, if any on wants to
look)

Any ideas, or time to give up.

Thanks,
Dylan