bugtracker switch

Jan Lentfer Jan.Lentfer at web.de
Sun Mar 28 06:35:05 PDT 2010

Alex Hornung schrieb:
: Well, I'm under the impression our bug tracker problems are not so much
: because of roundup's technical limitations but rather because we don't
: take much care to close bugs we fix and to do proper triaging so that
: we
: can focus on bugs that we know are still reproducible.
I do agree; I'm not implying that a new bugtracker will magically solve our issues, but rather help us in getting there with some re-education / policing.

: b) bugs get automatically closed if the originator fails to respond
: and/or verify that the bug is still there after, say, 6 months
This policy alone would allow us to get rid of probably over 1/3 of the issues straight away. There are plenty where the original bug reporter is not around anymore or just doesn't bother testing anything. There is no point in having some stone-age issues around that are probably already fixed just because nobody can confirm that recent versions still suffer that problem.
This is already common practice in about every other open source project that I know of.

I am with you guys on either topic, new bugtracker and new policy.

Jan

--
professional: http://www.oscar-consult.de
private: http://neslonek.homeunix.org/drupal/