Port DragonFly to Xen platform

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Wed Mar 24 05:38:46 PDT 2010

Sylvestre Gallon wrote:
I have fun with an hobbyist os that I have created - named pigeon
mouette BSD (www.pmbsd.org) - and have already taken a look at the Xen
interfaces and at how it works (hypercalls, etc ...). My plan would be
to port my existing work on Xen soon (but I will do it later if you
accept me porting dragonfly on XEN :) )
Another thing of note - which doesn't seem to be on the project page..
and probably should - and probably wouldn't be so difficult, but still
virtualization related:

Unless I am mistaken the VKERNEL needs to be ported to support 64 bits.
VKERNEL is used quite a bit for development so this would be a big help
to everyone working on the 64 bit port I'm sure.