Xen 4.0 and option SMP support ?

Xavier Beaudouin xb at soprive.net
Thu Jun 24 06:47:20 PDT 2010

Hello there,

I am the CTO of So Privé Cloud Computing, and I am trying to make some "ready to use" images with some other OS than ... Linux.

I have successfully installed and configured dragonflybsd 2.6.2 and updated to GIT sources and make it run correctly without a pain.

Now since we can provide up to 31 cores to people that need it (31 real core, no time sharing between other users...), I cannot boot dragonfly with

options SMP

It block itself just after :
lapic: divisor index 0, frequency 5000394Hz

. ..

Is there people here having succesfull SMP under Xen 4.0.0/hvm ?

Sincerly,
Xavier

--
Xavier Beaudouin - xb at soprive.net - http://www.soprive.net/
So Privé - Le premier acteur dédié au cloud computing en France