Call for testing

Samuel J. Greear sjg at evilcode.net
Wed Jul 14 15:06:55 PDT 2010

All,

As a result of Google Summer of Code I now have a branch where the
entire select/poll/kevent subsystem has been unified into kevent. It
has already been fairly well tested on i386/SMP, but it would be nice
to give it a good shaking out before it hits master. Nothing special
is required to test, and the modified code is so pervasive that even
booting the system multi-user is providing testing. Anything is
helpful, running X, running benchmarks that stress the network or pipe
subsystems and use them in a non-blocking manner, etc. Especially
helpful would be anyone who has a device listed on
http://wiki.github.com/thesjg/SJG-DragonFly-BSD-SoC/poll-able-devices
and can report success or failure. Performance regressions, slowness
or "weirdness" are legitimately reportable as well, as long as you can
provide a reasonable description or steps to reproduce. There is
currently 1 known panic when unmounting a remote smbfs share.

The branch is available from my leaf repository:
git://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~sjg/dragonfly.git -- branch "selwakeup"

Thanks!
Sam