sysctl work

Samuel J. Greear sjg at evilcode.net
Tue Dec 21 10:20:19 PST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Ed Smith <abandon.every.hope at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/21/2010 1:05 PM, Samuel J. Greear wrote:
>
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Ed Smith <abandon.every.hope at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello-
> I was looking through the open projects list on the website and was thinking
> of picking up the sysctl work.  Is this project currently open or has
> someone picked this up and started on it?
>
> v/r
> ed
>
> Ed,
>
> Which sysctl work in particular were you thinking about?
>
> Best,
> Sam
>
> This listing from the website (under kernel projects):
>
> Document all sysctl's
>
> The description of sysctl's can be provided when the sysctl is declared and
> displayed in userland by passing the -d flag to the sysctl utility.
> Document all undocumented sysctl's
> Verify that the description of documented sysctl's is correct.

Ed,

Students participating in the Google Code-In have cut down the number
of undocumented sysctl's dramatically over the past couple of weeks. I
still have 60-80 descriptions to commit, which I will do today -- once
I do I will follow up here and let you know. There are still quite a
few remaining.

Sam