installation in virtualbox

Sdävtaker sdavtaker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 15:16:15 PDT 2010

follow up:Reproduced the installation in a Ubuntu today, 3.0.8 r53138.When trying to install it paniced at first, then i ran reset from the db> and tried again, installed successfull, built 2.7.2 kernel (didnt install it yet, still 2.6.2), everything working fine after that, kept it building and installing stuff whole day, no issues at all.
Going to install 2.7.2 now to see if everything is ok with it, the mac one was ok with 2.7.2 until now.DamianOn Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 14:01, Justin C. Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:
On Thu, April 22, 2010 1:05 pm, Sdävtaker wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I see that documentation in dfbsd site says it is not able to install in
> vbox, but i got it working, even with network.
> using dfbsd 2.6.2 in vbox 3.1.6 r59359.
> The only special thing i did was change the device used for network
> to PCnet-PCI II (NAT).
> It was detected and worked perfect, already downloaded full src from git
> and rebuilding kernel on it with no problems at all.

Update the site!  Virtualbox problem reports have been sporadic - some
versions work on some platforms, while other versions do not.  It seems to
be clearing up, so perhaps a note mentioning trouble in the past is best.

-- http://dfbsd.trackbsd.org.ar