FreeBSD SUJ

Pedro F. Giffuni pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 25 09:58:52 PDT 2010

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Jeff's SUJ work is for UFS I believe, and is heavily integrated into
    softupdates.  It is a partial solution to UFS's fsck issue which, with
    some more work, could potentially become a full solution.
    We basically do not use UFS any more except for /boot or on very small
    drives.  HAMMER is used for anything bigger than 50G or so.
    I stopped bringing in UFS stuff several years ago (prior to the UFS
    snapshots and background fsck) and I really don't want to bring in
    those pieces.  What we have now is nice and stable and I don't want
    to mess with it.
						-Matt
Well ...

SUJ has brought some fixes to softupdates, besides ...
Sometimes there are advantages in having more than one filesystem ;-).
Pedro.