I/O errors on Hammer volume

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Apr 13 11:50:18 PDT 2010

:I have included the most relevant part of the output of
:"smartctl -d sat -a /dev/da0" below:
:
:SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number: 16
:Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds:
:ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
:..
:193 Load_Cycle_Count        0x0032   147   147   000    Old_age   Always     -       160820
:
:--
:Francois Tigeot
:

    That's all normal except the Load_Cycle_Count is excessive.  But
    the Load_Cycle_Count is somewhat dependent on the manufacturer
    and I don't see any errors reported in the output.

    Another thing you can do is run 'hammer -f <device> show | less -B'
    and search for lines beginning with the character 'B'.  You would
    type slash-carrot-B into LESS.  The hammer show command checks
    for problems.

					<dillon at backplane.com>