DoxyGen Style Kernel API reference.

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Thu Sep 3 12:36:44 PDT 2009

Brian Gianforcaro wrote:
I'm interested in setting up a Doxygen or Doxygen-like documentation reference for DragonFly-BSD. I have been very interested in working on DragonFly for a considerable amount of time. I've realized that for the most part I just have no idea how most of the code works or what underlying API's the kernel and userland use. I do realize a large amount of effort goes into writing and keeping man pages up to date, documenting these very things. However, I feel like having an on line resource to se
e for example, function call graph's and data structures explained might lower the barrier to entry for new developers. And possibly even help out the experienced dev's when they've forgotten how pieces of code works or interacts.

I think that's a good idea.  However you will realize that a lot of the functions are not documented enough to make such a reference useful.  Considerable work would have to go into actually documenting the functions.

cheers
 simon