DoxyGen Style Kernel API reference.

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sat Sep 5 03:51:27 PDT 2009

Sascha Wildner wrote:
Brian Gianforcaro schrieb:
Depending on how nice you want the documentation to be, and how good
the existing documentation is.
I'd be more than willing to put all my effort into modifying the
existing comments to be doxygen compliant, if this what is finally
decided.
Maintaining man9 and doxygen in parallel? I think there is even less
chance that developers will care about both man9 & doxygen than taking
care of man9 alone.
I actually don't think so.  Docs can be copied from the doxygen to the
man page format.

I worked on the linux source in the last days, and I have to say that
proper doxygen comments are *really* helpful for navigating in unknown code.

I strongly support Brian's enthusiasm and suggest just going forward and
doing it.  Let's see how it is working out.  The more documentation the
better.  I don't think we should turn this into a lengthy discussion.

cheers
  simon