pkgbox status?

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Fri Sep 25 02:19:31 PDT 2009

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 10:28:52 +0300
Hasso Tepper <hasso at estpak.ee> wrote:

> Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> > Coming late to the party here - but wouldn't these links be better
> > pointed to libthread_xu which has been standard for quite some time
> > now.
>
> Yes, libc_r is there for testing purpose only nowadays. But that's not
> the excuse to be broken. Especially while taking account that we don't
> (maybe we should?) adjust libpthread.so.0 symlink while upgrading.

	I got caught a few weeks ago by coredumps in flwm and synergyc with
libc_r (the packages had been built on a box with libthread_xu and
installed on one that still had libc_r linked). I'd be happy to see the
links switched during upgrade.

> Anyway, the problem with libc_r should be fixed now as well.

	Is there really any point in keeping libc_r around anymore.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun