Socket related stuff - patch available for testing

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Nov 16 20:43:21 PST 2009

:> : -thomas
:> :-
:> :panic: assertion: port=3D&curthread->td_msgport in syncache socket
:>
:>    Yah, please upload it.  I can't reproduce it trivially, ssh localhost
:>    is working on my test box.
:
:A-ha, you have to try `ssh ::1', then.  You must have `options INET6'
:in your kernel config file, of course.
:
:Cheers.

    Ah, nice guess!  But it still works on my test box (Phenom x4) :-(.
    I'm sure it is a real panic, I just need a kernel core to track
    down WTF happened.  It should be a lot easier to track down these
    sorts of things now that the port is being stored in the socket
    structure.

					<dillon at backplane.com>