GSoC: C99/POSIX conformance audit

Stathis Kamperis ekamperi at gmail.com
Sun May 17 09:06:19 PDT 2009

Greetings to everyone.

My name is Stathis Kamperis (Beket @ #dragonflybsd) and this summer
I'll be working on C99/POSIX conformance audit project. The targets of
the project are sparse and not known beforehand. Nonetheless, I'll
focus my efforts on adding the missing bits that cause pkgsrc packages
to break. But I'll review other parts of the code as well.

Here is a list with some small stuff I've done so far:

1. Contacted Open Group to get a 1-year license, free of charge for
their test suites (system interfaces, shell & utilities, system header
checks). I got a positive response and now I'm waiting for the license
to review and sign. I hope it will be under reasonable terms.

2. Wrote a minimal web UI for tracking conformance status. I don’t
have a place to host the project currently, so I run the whole thing
locally. You can find a couple of screen shots at my blog (see below).

3. Got a solaris shell account, thanks to Antonio Huete Jimenez!
Solaris seems to do quite well conformance wise, so I’ll use it as
reference implementation. I have also NetBSD and Linux deployed.

4. Ported POSIX message queues implementation from NetBSD to warm up
before the SoC starts (they are mandated by POSIX realtime extensions
as well ;)). The port is in "mq" branch in my leaf git repository[1].
It still needs to be polished, so no HEADS UP yet.

5. Started writing some test cases[2].

Although I'm not much into the blog thing, I opened one for letting
others track my progress.

Cheers,
Stathis

[1] http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/~beket/dragonfly.git