llvm/clang once more

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Mar 16 16:41:10 PDT 2009

:Hi,
:
:I've managed to get our GENERIC kernel to compile with llvm/clang. There
:is still one temporary fix (at least until clang guys fix the related
:bug), but the kernel definitely compiles, boots and works stable.
:As a stress test I've done a buildworld, which it survived without
:problems.
:I've put everything about DragonFly and llvm/clang so far together on
:one page, http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~alexh/clang/clang.html in case
:you are interested in details or even want to try it yourself.
:
:Sincerely,
:Alex

    I assume clang defines a preprocessor symbol identifying that clang
    is the compiler?  What is that symbol?  I would be happy to commit
    that patch at the end suitably conditionalized for clang (just so we
    know the hack is for clang and can remove it later on when clang is
    fixed).

					<dillon at backplane.com>