llvm/clang once more

Alex Hornung ahornung at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 03:06:57 PDT 2009

I know there is a rewrite of the driver underway, but nonetheless it was
just about no effort to add a dfbsd target and it allowed me to
experiment with different toolchain settings.
I also have the feeling that we are/we will be running into a lot of
similar problems, so a joint effort is of interest. Beware that we still
haven't even started on the userland. Actually I just tried it this
morning, and ld has some problem with errno and TLB:
/usr/libexec/binutils217/elf/ld: errno: TLS definition
in /usr/lib/libc.a(errlst.o) section .tbss mismatches non-TLS reference
in cat.o
/usr/lib/libc.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

Did you happen to run across a similar problem? How do you guys compile
userland with clang?

Sincerely,
Alex