quota on hammer (was: Re: HAMMER status WEF March 2009 - outsider viewpoint)

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Thu Mar 5 02:36:05 PST 2009

Bill Hacker wrote:
-- limited/no ability to enforce quotas / prevent overflow damage.
I think Bill is hitting an interesting point here, which I'd like to
discuss lightly:

What is "quota" on hammer?  Is it what "du" reports or is it what
(including history) is stored on the HDD?  I think we need to make a
choice here before we can implement quotas.

The quota storage would probably simply live in a VDATABASE file.

cheers
  simon
--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /