git repo mirroring

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Mon Mar 2 14:31:01 PST 2009

Hey,

this is just a note to all people mirroring the git repo, and those who
want to tidy their source repos:

Recently we had a small accident which led to another branch being created
in our repo.  No big deal, that's very cheap.  Now that I cleaned the
branch from the repo it turned out that chlamydia wasn't syncing this
removal of the branch.

This is because I was only running "git remote update".  This however is
not sufficient to track all changes (i.e. branch removals) from the
remote.  You will have to augment your sync scripts to run

	git remote prune $(git remote)

in addition to

	git remote update

Please update your sync scripts, because I am sure this won't be the last
time that we want to delete a head from the repo.

cheers
  simon
--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /