Supported SAS adapters

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jun 24 09:25:01 PDT 2009

:Hi,
:
:I will have the occasion to test some storage servers in the next few days. Is
:there a chance recent LSI MegaRAID SAS adapters have a working driver ?
:
:These beasts can pack up to 24 TB; I would love to setup a Hammer filesystem
:this large ...
:
:--
:Francois Tigeot

    I haven't done any SAS adapter ports myself.  The NATA driver has some
    MegaRAID support, but probably not the SAS part.

    I'm willing to do one more major driver port similar to the AHCI and SILI
    ports (i.e. all the bells and whistles), if people want to nominate a
    reasonably-priced SAS card in mass production.  It will be a post-release,
    post-SOC project for me.

    I have no plans to port any of the BIOS fake-raid stuff.

					<dillon at backplane.com>