Wishlist for unfrozen base

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Sat Jul 4 11:58:57 PDT 2009

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> Hasso Tepper wrote:
> > * introduce stubs for stuff not in libc_r - barriers, spinlocks and
> > some more
>
> Will that be sufficient, will it work?

No doubt there are things that will broke then with libc_r, but I think
that's quite minor. Providing stubs returning an error is the best we can
do. Every other option (except implementing all functionality in the
libc_r, of course :) breaks things even more.

I already put together a preliminary patch I and Stathis are going to do
some tests with at first - my only real worry is whether a functionality
we'll open for the world (barriers, spinlocks etc) is functional at
all ;).

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~hasso/sync-threading-libraries.patch

Unless there will be objections, I plan to commit this somewhere in the
next week.

--
Hasso Tepper