Master release schedule changes, major feature list - September 2009

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Jul 1 19:43:04 PDT 2009

On Wed, July 1, 2009 10:19 pm, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     This will give us a bit more time to sync up with pkgsrc quarterlies
>     and also moves our releases out of the dead months (high summer and
>     christmas) and into months where developers are more active.

Pkgsrc releases happen every 3 months, so shifting our release over to
March and September means that we'll usually intersect with the 20xxQ1 and
20xxQ3 releases, instead of the 20xxQ2 and Q4 that we do now.  So, it'll
still be a little bit of a race between which quarterly build is done vs.
when we release, but this does give us more breathing room.