C++ in the kernel

jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk jan.grant at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Jan 8 02:36:59 PST 2009

On Wed, 7 Jan 2009, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

> objects can possibly part of multiple lists at the same time.  objects are
> not necessarily owned by the list - whatever "owned" might be.  I don't know
> what you mean with intrusive.

"owned by the list" means the list is responsible for object lifecycle
management, I guess. And "intrusive" means that the object structure is
modified to enable membership of the aggregating structure, as opposed to
remaining ignorant of it (in which case there'd be a list of references).

--
jan grant, ISYS, University of Bristol. http://www.bris.ac.uk/
Tel +44 (0)117 3317661   http://ioctl.org/jan/