HEADS UP - DEVFS ON MASTER

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Wed Aug 5 05:45:32 PDT 2009

Alex wrote:
Short update:

It turns out that ls is doing something ugly: it is retrieving the
major and minor from the udev, which isn't constructed anymore from
major and minor. What I will be doing is change ls to work properly
and commit it later this afternoon together with another bunch of
changes/fixes.
This is not something ugly, but something that has been used since
~forever.  It might be questionable whether to use major()/minor() at
all now, but it exists nontheless.  I think we shouldn't care too much
for now about how major/minor numbers look like.

cheers
  simon
--
  <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
  rock the past  +++  space for low CHF NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /