bad awk output on vkernel

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dfly at les.ath.cx
Thu Aug 13 09:32:07 PDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 07:37:54AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :Hello.
> :Am I only one, or is anyone else seeing this problem too?
> :I don't remember when, but running `make buildworld' in vkernel stopped
> :working a few months ago.  It always fails while it's building gcc4.4
> :in _gcc44_tools.  I managed to narrow down to an awk script in gcc producing
> :inconsistent output, here's the script which can reproduce the behavior:
>
>     gcc4.4 was only added recently, but your script seems to messing
>     around with gcc4.1 so its a bit confusing.

Ah, yes, I originally wrote the script before gcc4.4 was imported, and
at that time the buildworld failed while trying to build gcc4.1.

>     In anycase, try building with NO_GCC44=1

I wasn't clear abaut the `inconsistency'; by `inconsistent' I meant that
the output of awk script differs between runs, and that's why I'm using
md5 command.  The script terminates after running 180 iterations, or
when the output of awk script differs from that of the first iteration.