Interrupt routing and friends ...

Nicolas Thery nthery at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 00:37:44 PST 2008

2008/11/6 Justin C. Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com>

> On Tue, November 4, 2008 8:01 am, Hasso Tepper wrote:
>
> > But the question I wanted to ask ... I know several persons who agreed to
> > participate in setting up a bounty (including me) to bring modern
> > interrupt routing into DragonFly, but my impression so far is that
> > regardless of existance (or amount ;) of bounty there is no person
> > willing to take this task. Am I correct or ... ?
>
> I don't think we've got a conclusion here, yet.
>
> So, we have the need, and the cash.  Is there anyone with the skill?

Is interrupt flooding the only issue or are there other ones?

Is it caused by ACPI only?

Is it specific to SMP or does it happen in UP too?

Do we know if people who experience these problems have better luck
with other OSes (BSD or not) and if so what are these OSes?

Or phrased differently: Is porting interrupt routing code from another
OS (taking into account DF specificities) a good strategy?  If so
which BSD is best?  I read in the archives Matt stating that there are
stilll problems in fbsd and IIRC  someone else mentioning NetBSD as
being better at this.

Cheers,
Nicolas

PS: I'm not volunteering, I'm just curious :-)