Note to committers on the use of the 'origin' tag.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Nov 26 14:38:40 PST 2008

   Committers will note that my git clone example used '-o crater'.
   Without this option the default remote tag will be called 'origin'.

   I do not want committers to use the default remote tag of 'origin'.
   The reason is that you can wind up tracking multiple remote branches
   and confusion will ensue.  The last thing we want committers doing is
   accidently committing things to the master repo that they did not intend
   to commit.