Repository changes coming up

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 01:34:48 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Matthias Schmidt
<matthias at dragonflybsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> BTW, pkgsrc scmgit's updating is not controlled by us, so why should
>> we risk our project's SCM?
>
> We don't "risk" our SCM.  If we have a stable version, we can use it.  If an
> update is available, we can either use it or drop it.  Even if the pkgsrc
> version is broken, we can still use the version which worked for us in the
> past.  IIRC we deal with cvsup like this ... (besides the fact that we don't
> update cvsup at all).

cvsup is not required to make the our old cvs function properly; I
think the situation is a little different between git and cvsup.
Do you imply we put a binary git in the base?  I may be too conservative here...

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die