Repository changes coming up

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Wed Nov 12 01:26:20 PST 2008

Sepherosa Ziehau schrieb:
Should we import certain version of git into base system?
The packages on the LiveCD are supplied by us and are stored in a
special directory on pkgbox, so we wouldn't risk anything (for new
installs).

People who upgrade (as opposed to a new install) would have to git
themselves in this scenario, so there is a potential risk for someone
installing a incompatible or otherwise broken git from latest pkgsrc or so.

A possible solution would be to recommend that our "official" git is the
one taken for the LiveCD from pkgbox, and people using other versions
proceed at their own risk.

The "foolproof" solution would be to import it into base.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx