HEADS UP - Another media change for HAMMER

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sat May 17 12:35:30 PDT 2008

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Again, I can't promise there wont be more changes.  I want to get it
    right before the official release.
How about having a "version" field in the superblock and if we want to
change the media layout, we'd just have to supply a tool which changes the
filesystem from the old format into the new format.  This way we could
keep on changing the layout without having to worry too much about
incompatible changes.  I'd hate to be forced to use an inferior format,
just because we might already have a user base using it.

cheers
  simon