Boot Dragonfly BSD from USB CDROM

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Tue May 27 01:37:46 PDT 2008

Dmitry Komissaroff wrote:
Hi all!

After some personal troubles I'm back (with my bad english). :)

Recently I got one of eeePC with Windows installed. How you all know, it
haven't any CD or DVD drivers. OK. I got external USB DVD-ROM. But any
attempting to boot DFly failed. Kernel just don't want to see external
usb DVD. Loading from loader promt umass kernel module don't help. But
all usb ports visible for kernel. I think, kernel just don't want probe
umass devices before it try mount rootfs.
This might be related to my commit making USB work on my HP compaq
laptop [1]. I think I want to conditionalize delaying of USB
exploration.
Could you try out a snapshot ISO image of DragonFly that was created
before 25th May?
Regards,

  Michael

[1]: