How to test Hammer fs

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri May 16 18:29:57 PDT 2008

:Hello!
:
:I'd like to check out the HAMMER filesystem on my own, but I am having
:trouble to make it work. I downloaded the ISO-images of the daily
:distribution 1.13 (from 14.5 and 15.5). I am able to newfs_hammer -L
:Test /dev/da1 and it is creating the filesystem. The problem is that I
:cannot mount it. Using mount_hammer /dev/da1 prints out an error message
:like vfsload(hammer): No such file or directory (or the like). I
:searched for hours in the archives but it seems that nobody have had
:this kind of problem before. First I used a VMWare machine within Linux,
:later I also tried to use real hard disks on real PCs but the same
:problem persists.
:Could somebody give me a hint how to make it work?
:
:Thanks,
:Damian

    You need to compile it into the kernel with:

	options HAMMER

    In your kernel config.

					<dillon at backplane.com>