migrating proc from zone to objcache

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Mar 31 16:17:19 PDT 2008

:Could we please not move to kmalloc, but instead try to move all fast
:path allocations to objcache?  I don't like the idea of allocating
:everything with kmalloc.  Caching struct procs is not a bad thing itself.=
:cheers
:  simon

    I will state for the record that I'm fine with either objcache or
    kmalloc.  I agree with Jeff that using objcache for struct proc
    probably isn't necessary but I also agree that it would not hurt either,
    and if the intent is to optimize the initialization of the proc
    structure in the future then moving to objcache now would save us
    from having to do it later.

    So whichever method Nicolas wants to use is fine with me.