HAMMER update 23-Mar-08

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Mar 24 14:12:11 PDT 2008

:Hi Matt,
:That's good to know things are going so well. Got a question. If memory serves
:me right, initially there was also going to be a thing called ANVIL, I can't
:remember what it was supposed to do and whether its still in your design.
:Could you elaborate a little?
:
:Thanks,
:Petr

    It's not really in the HAMMER design any more, primarily because HAMMER's
    volume model seems to work fine as-is.  Ultimately something like ANVIL
    (a block storage manager) would prove beneficial to the project but it
    would be treated as a separate project.  HAMMER's redundancy model is
    going to be baesd around replication and clustering.

					<dillon at backplane.com>