Jail uname spoofing / misc

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Mon Mar 24 04:29:28 PDT 2008

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
If you don't need a jail to spoof uname, as others posted, you can
installworld into a chroot and build everything you want there using
Joerg's spiffy pbulk.  That's what I'm doing on pkgbox now; I can hand you
my somewhat terse notes if you want.  It would be relatively easy to set
up the configuration you're talking about.
cheers - I guess I thought incorrectly that something 'special' was
needed to get the uname to change .. have been using the legacy bulks in
chroots / jails (for 'same os' builds) as I haven't quite migrated to
pbulk yet ..

thanks for the help offer - I'll ask if I run into trouble.