Jail uname spoofing / misc

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sun Mar 23 20:10:13 PDT 2008

On Sun, March 23, 2008 12:36 pm, Chris Turner wrote:

> it seems like if spoofing uname is configured inside a jail,
> the next (or previous..) release can be installed into a jail and
> used for building / testing packages without the overhead of a VM or
> maintaining a separate physical host

If you don't need a jail to spoof uname, as others posted, you can
installworld into a chroot and build everything you want there using
Joerg's spiffy pbulk.  That's what I'm doing on pkgbox now; I can hand you
my somewhat terse notes if you want.  It would be relatively easy to set
up the configuration you're talking about.