SoC student applications due by 5PM PDT tomorrow

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Mon Mar 31 12:37:40 PDT 2008

Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> On Sun, March 30, 2008 10:27 pm, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
>> SoC students:
>>
>> If you have an application to submit for DragonFly/Summer of Code, please
>> do so by 17:00 Pacific time on the 31st - that's tomorrow, at least for
>> me.
> The deadline for student proposals has been extended to April 7th; all
> other dates move forward one week to acommodate.

This is very good.

Some more ideas for eager students (we want to keep the ratio, right?):

Enhance the FreeBSD/DragonFly sound infrastructure to support surround
sound/multichannel output.

Update sound drivers to support S/PDIF output.

Make the sound infrastructure OSSv4 compatible (there was a SoC at
FreeBSD last year or so)

of course only if it doesn't exist already :)

cheers
  simon

signature.asc