ocstat

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jun 5 08:52:50 PDT 2008

:>>       Objcache will use the flag to detect double-frees.
:>
:> Keep in mind that detecting a double-free may be good, but knowing where
:> the previous free took place takes you more than halfway towards a solution.
:> But this would require the debug code to be a bit more resource-intensive
:> and also some use of the preprocessor...
:
:Maybe we could optionally call a debug back-end allocator, in place of
:the client-specified one, that allocates whatever additional memory is
:needed (e.g. room for a (partial) call stack).

   I would stick with the basics first.  I don't think anything
   sophisticated is needed, frankly.  The first priority would be in
   detecting that there's a problem in the first place.  Finding the
   original free could be as simple as adding a couple of KTRs.

					<dillon at backplane.com>