HAMMER Update 13-June-2008 - HEADS UP: MEDIA CHANGED AGAIN

Thomas Zander thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 15 21:55:08 PDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Matthew Dillon
<dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
>    I am not too familiar with Reiser so I can't really come to that
>    conclusion, but it doesn't seem likely that the reasons are similar.

Maybe the question is why B+ trees are so popular in current file
systems. I am certainly not expert enough to see all the implications
of the selection of the tree structure on the implementation and
performance of a file system, but what is the main reason why you
chose B- trees?

Riggs