Regarding Filesystems

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Jul 28 07:56:35 PDT 2008

:Adam Emanuel <bsdnewcomer at yahoo.com> wrote:
: > 5- Why not use VFS-level journaling like FreeBSD gjournal,
: > which works on any FS ?
:
:FreeBSD's gjournal supports UFS only.  In theory it could
:be adopted to work with other file systems, but such
:support currently does not exist, and nobody is actively
:working on implementing it, AFAIK.
:
:Best regards
:   Oliver
:
:--
:Oliver Fromme, secnetix GmbH & Co. KG, Marktplatz 29, 85567 Grafing b. M.

    It's kinda similar to DragonFly's VFS journaling... I built it but
    as far as I know only one or two people actually use it in production,
    and I'm not one of them.  The use cases are very limited.