How much are filesystem images trusted?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Jul 25 00:23:29 PDT 2008

:It consists of two small changes:
: - Check that the tail_size is reported at least the size of a tail
:fifo structure (instead of at least 0) -- this will cause an EIO
:instead of a loop or panic.
: - If an error occured in hammer_recover, an io lock leak caused a
:panic.  I now skip the (last) flush if an error occured during mount.
:This seems safe -- doesn't matter too much, you're screwed at this
:point.
:
:-- Dion

    I've got a patch set almost ready that includes your tail size
    check and adds a discard mode to the buffer flush so I can also
    call it from the umount code (read-only mounts that succeed must
    also discard the recovered buffers at umount time), plus also when
    the undo operation fails to get rid of the 'recovered' buffer