Adding new syscall

Bhosle, Mayur N mbhosle3 at gatech.edu
Sun Jul 20 18:28:46 PDT 2008

:Hi,
:         I am trying to add new system call for proportional share scheduler. I have written
:the code for the syscall in /kern/kern_resource.c and modified /sys/sysproto.h /kern/syscall.master.
:Most of the remaining files related to syscall are auto generated.
:
:         The kernel compiles properly but the still the auto generated files donot show the new syscall that
:i have added. Is there any other file that needs to be modified. I am trying this on VKERNEL.
:
:         Please let me know. Thanks
:
:Regards
:Mayur

    In your local source tree:

    cd /usr/src/sys/kern
    make sysent

					<dillon at backplane.com>

Hi,
      I added few system calls for the scheduler and they are working fine. I had to use syscall(); function to execute the system call. I want to know how do i invoke the system call from the command line, because the when i enter the command on the prompt it says 'the command is not recognised'.

     Secondly, In the scheduling algorithm there is one invariant which requires a floating point operation. Currently i have approximated it, but i want to know how do you get around such a situation in kernel. What is the best way i can approximate this floating point operation.

Thanks
Mayur.