2.0 BRANCH FREEZE - TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR COMMITS TO 2.0!

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Jul 19 09:55:18 PDT 2008

:> I think we should hold off the release until packages are built and have
:> propagated to all mirrors.  This might take several days, though.
:> Packages are large and connectivity is low.
:Only two of the package mirrors have even started to update, so it's going
:to be a few days until the new build updates, and then more days until all
:the files are copied out.
:
:pkgbox has a full set of packages - a good chunk of them are built on
:1.13, so there will be a warning at install, but that's it.  Building from
:source (which I think is somewhat more common with pkgsrc) is already an
:option in any case.  I don't think there's a need to wait.

    I think we have to release tomorrow even if it means only the master
    site has the packages.  pkgbox's redirect will simply have to remain
    set to point to just the master site for the next few days.

    I am going to make two last minute changes today.  I'm going to fix
    one issue with HAMMER related to upgrading and downgrading a mirror,
    and I am going to see if I can easily fix the silly language selector
    in the installer.  I'm kinda tired of English being 'default'.  Does
    the 'Russian' selection even work?

    So the final release build will be this afternoon.  Commits made to
    2.0 through 2:00 p.m. PDT today (Saturday 19-Jul-2008) will make
    it into the release.

					<dillon at backplane.com>