HAMMER Update - 16-July-2008

Rahul Siddharthan rsidd120 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 00:06:02 PDT 2008

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>    It's kinda fun.  I'm testing it by taking an external USB2 hard drive
>    and mounting it w/ HAMMER, then unplugging it in the middle of a big
>    cpdup.  I've found a couple of panics in CAM related to the device
>    going away unexpectedly, and stuff like that, which I'm fixing as I
>    go.

I wish someone in FreeBSD-land would get around to doing that sort of
thing. Regardless of filesystem.  They claim the USB-removal panics
are fixed in 8-CURRENT, but at least one person claimed this month
that he still sees the panics; I'm not sure I want to experiment.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering DragonFly for a new machine, which I
think I should get in around a month.  Will at least give the livecd
a spin.

Rahul