Proportional share scheduler

Bhosle, Mayur N mbhosle3 at gatech.edu
Thu Jul 3 07:14:53 PDT 2008

The example that i gave was a very basic interface for the scheduler, though my ultimate aim
would be to create an interface that would allow sharing at multiple levels, like assigning
40% share for Real-time processes or child process getting its share from the parent.

As far as the fairness of the scheduler is concern, VTRR is achieve pretty good fairness over
a bounded period of time as compared to various other proportional share algorithm. Thanks for
the vkernel example.... :)

Mayur
College Of Computing
Gatech