cvs commit: src/usr.bin Makefile src/usr.bin/pkg_radd Makefile pkg_radd.1 pkg_radd.sh

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sat Jan 5 15:39:59 PST 2008

On Sat, January 5, 2008 6:15 pm, Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
>> Why aren't we adding it to mk.conf?  pkg_add already looks there.
>
> because mk.conf for one is a make file, and for the other we don't know
> where it is (compare non /usr/pkg destinations)

mk.conf is supposed to hold settings for pkgsrc.  It doesn't matter that
it's a make file.  Also, we know where it is:

http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb/src/nrelease/root/etc/mk.conf

Even if we wanted to change that (it probably should be in
$LOCALBASE/etc/mk.conf, as it's a pkgsrc thing), it's easier to change
that install location than to add a new utility and config file.

pkg_radd is a good idea; I'm all for making it easier to install things.
I'm pointing out that we have an easy way to do this already.